Monday, August 17, 2009

A Different Day.

Now, I recognize that I might not be far enough into my residency to make calls about what is different and what is routine, but today was pretty different. I worked the ER this morning, its a fun time. But its ordinary. I am used to it. I see patients with problems that I have seen before. Its challenging, but its routine.

But this afternoon was something different altogether. UICOMP holds an annual Faculty golf outing. And since all the residents are faculty (Thats right, I am actually considered faculty at a university now... *checks self* whew... still conservative. That was close) we get to go. In fact, we HAD to go. They made us do it.

Except it wasn't a golf outing. Or at least it didn't have to be. There were three choices for the day. You could either go to the golf outing, the RiverPlex, and/or go out to Dinner. Well, I didn't want dinner, because I want to be home with my wife. And I don't golf, so I figured that was out too. And for those of you who don't know me, I am rarely one to turn down a hot tub. So I had an afternoon of playing in the pool, hot tubbing, eating free lunch, and weight lifting. And I was paid for it. Very cool. But very different.

Tomorrow its back to the "routine", including call. OB call too. Wish me luck. If I get it, I might be able to post another entry from the call room on some down time.


Tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment