Sunday, November 27, 2011

FMS

The temperature has dropped, Jay Cutler has a broken thumb, and I am on FMS. And still its better than MNPS! Woo hoo! So Family Medicine Service has begun. I am actually already a week down. 25% through with it. 28 day rotations tend to fly by. The Thanksgiving holiday was a large part of that. Left us with four straight days of half days. Nothing to complain about there for sure. This coming week is likely to be a different story.

Have already learned much though. All of the time is time well spent. And while 12 hour days wear at you after a while, its bearable when the rewards are so clear. Reviewing the Duke Criteria for bacterial endocarditis, or reviewing the empiric coverage on a patient with possible meningitis who we can't get an LP on. All very good stuff, stuff I could easily see myself using someday.

Thanksgiving was very nice. Mandi and I hosted a small event here with some of the other Residents/Spouses who were stuck in Peoria as we were. Nothing fancy, no turkey. But it was a good time. We ate a lot, drank a little, and played some board games. All fun.

And now we are gearing up for Christmas. As I speak Mandi and Shaun are decorating the tree. Had to get store bought this year as time was at a premium, sorry Warren Tree Farm. Having our tree up definitely makes the season feeling come alive. I will admit that the tree is pretty even if I don't like it. I just can't make it square that we celebrate Jesus' Birthday (at a very wrong time of year) during a pagan festival time, with a symbol of a burning tree. Not my style. A very simple cross, or even a nativity would be fine. But Mandi likes it, and she does put up a Nativity every year which is very nice. I would never want to put a damper on her Christmas joy.

Thats all for now, more to come as the season progresses I am sure. Gearing up for the holidays and seeing friends always leaves much to blog about.

Stay Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment