Monday, May 22, 2017

What once was lost, now is found!


A long time ago - 2 phones ago - I lost around 800 pictures.  I was devastated.  These were pictures of my little boy - pictures I could never get back.  Fun times we had together, moments in time I had thought I would have forever.  And they were gone.  Poof.  What is worse, is that it happened when I was trying to back them up...

I moved on, moved forward.  Until last weekend. As I played around with the iPad I discovered a folder of pictures... and suddenly there they were.  All these memories returned to me.  And so now I am sharing some of them with you. These are in reverse chronological order :D


This is the first time I held Bean.



The kid wonder enjoying his favorite birthday present of that year - a second hand coffee maker which was perfect for pretending to be a mixer.



He still remembers that party well, and the chocolate tools that were on his cake.








These pictures mean a lot to me because they chronicle much of Forrest's time in Monticello.  The position I had there was never my favorite.  I struggled to be happy in my career in Monticello.  The sorrow of seeing a town you held on a pedestal brought low by the realities of rural medicine and controlled substance addiction was hard on me.  But for Forrest and Mandi Monticello was a wonderful place to live.  It is where they discovered Montessori education together.  It was safe, open, and a great place for Forrest to be a kid.


First trip to the Pumpkin Patch!


Time at the Spruce Hill Farm picking apples, a Gilbraith family tradition :D


Kids books?!  No, he'd rather have a Mixer recipe/instruction manual.


That Monticello DQ is the best!



Meeting Grandma Polly in Decatur at the Mall to ride the train was a fun time.


And riding the real train was fun too!


Many an evening spent like this, snuggled on the couch.


Oh the foxes.  And now Bean has picked up that habit too :P





More play time, and Forrest just being a kid.






Our best family vacation to date.  We packed it up and flew to Englewood FL to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa.  This is one of the last times that we got to spend meaningful time with Grandpa before he passed.  I love that Forrest got to absorb his presence.  He still remembers him.



Dinner on the water.


Forrest loved the beach, he can't wait to go back!


Grandma Polly was always a sucker for treats :P


This was one of the windiest days we ever went to the Park - but this kid's spirit couldn't be stopped.



The play-doh passion begins.



And the always fun diversionary trip to Wal-Mart... you know, to look at the mixers. And he always preferred to go with me, because I would let him touch/play with them.

Thats all for now,

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment