Wednesday, April 10, 2019

April 2019 - Spring is here, time for an update!


It seems I am getting worse and worse with updates. Not sure if it is because I am busier, or more distracted, getting older, or what... maybe all of the above?  Anyway - the winter has come and gone.  It was a tough one weather-wise.  Thankfully my new arthritis medication is working well so I wasn't as bad off as last year. Still very very tempting come February to seek employment in FL or TX.

But lets talk about the highlights!




Here's Lovey spending some quality time with Bampa Butch.  He's smitten, which I get because everyone is smitten with Lovey.  She has that charm that some little kids possess, she is quick to hug, quick to smile, and loves to connect.


We also got to enjoy a family dinner at Filippos!  It's rare that we get a family picture with everyone so I wanted to make sure to take the opportunity.


Another one of the Titans got hitched!  This time its Steven, inventor of the Nipple Dance (see earlier entry).  Pictured here from R>L are myself sporting my new beard, Mark, Stef, Dan, Suzanna, and Nick.  Handsome crew to be sure.



This bad boy was wandering through our yard after one of the first snows.  Yikes!

Most of my adventures are with just one of the kiddos, but this day I braved two :)  They really enjoyed their gellato at Brienzo's in the Heights.


Lovey and I hit up Treftzger's a little later.  She's thrilled 😁


These moments are rarer and rarer, and I know that they will soon be done.  I treasure snuggles with Baber as much as I did with Lovey.



As Christmas Time rolled around we had the annual Christmas party with Chinch's family.  The children had a wonderful time. I'm not sure that Baber really knows how to play bags.  But he tried!




Christmas morning itself was a hoot.  All of the kids are old enough now to either "get it" or sort of "get it".  Baber was more easily distracted, and I think a bit confused, but he understood what opening presents was.  And he was thrilled with his box of bouncy-balls.  The Kid got the Berenstain Bear books he wanted, and Lovey got quite a bit of Princess stuff.  She is 100% girl!  I have no idea where she learned to be excited about princess themed stuff, but she did!


New outfits!


The Kid was less than enthused in regards to my styling attempts.  Can you blame him?  I clearly don't know much about hair care.  Baber on the other hand was thrilled!



Shortly after Christmas we had a great visit with Bampa Gegg and Grandma Polly.  A highlight for me was the time they made to come and visit after-hours in the Man-Cave. We chatted about life, philosophy, and "kids these days".  Fun to connect with Mom and Stepdad like that.  They stayed at a hotel which means Baber got to enjoy the pool.

The Brothers!  My brother Solomon graduated NIU with his degree in Mechanical Engineering in January.  He accepted a job at John Deere in Des Moines.  Well... how could I not help him move?  On the way from NIU to Des Moines we hit up the... well you can see in the picture.


Managed to get away on one snowy day to go see our neighbor Daniel's swim meet.  Lovey was thrilled to tag along.




Lovey and I took a snowy day to drive over to Monticello to see the family.  Fun!



As the weather does it warmed up eventually.  On one of the warmer, windier days we even managed to get out and fly our rainbow ship kite!  Lovey was excited to do it "all by me-self".


As spring crept in, our family headed South!  We made a pilgrimage to Englewood FL to see Grandma Polly and Grandma Grogg.  The weather was perfect.




I managed to sneak away for sunset by the pier with Ma. 



Time on the beach with JJ and her main squeeze Joe.


Grandma Polly basking in the sun with Lovey.  I think Lovey inherited the love of the beach from her Grandmother.







Finally made it back to Venice Pier - I hadn't been there in years. The kids loved it!

Ma and I took a lazy kayak trip into the flats.  Quiet and peace!


One of the challenges of the trip was this 1000 piece Florida Puzzle that became an all-consuming obsession. But we completed it!


We weren't back from FL more than three days before we packed up again and headed North to the Wisconsin Dells. This is becoming a tradition with Chinch's family.  This time we stayed at the Kalahari.  I didn't get any water-park pictures, but fun was had to be sure.


Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack Breakfast!


Lovey insisted we get a photo at the Dino-Depot just like The Kid and I did when he was three.

Whew, that is a lot. I'll try to keep the updates more frequent as we come into the best part of the year: Summer!

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you.
The LORD lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace."

Numbers 6:24-26








No comments:

Post a Comment