Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Winter is Coming

The winds were howling today. I think maybe its time for Winter. Fall will be coming to a close sooner than we would like, and the three dog nights will be upon us again. The nice thing about Winter coming this year is the upcoming HBO series on The Game of Thrones. Possibly the best fantasy book out there, closely tied with The Name of the Wind, is being made into an HBO series starring THE Sean Bean (badass). I am looking forward to watching it. The slogan for the lead-role family in that series is "Winter is Coming". Its also inscribed on this sweet sword I want to buy to hang up:


Too bad its not out in time for Christmas. Maybe next year?
It can be found here. Thats okay though, I would rather have the Damascus version.
Moving on....
Well MNPS #1 is done. On to Gyne. I can think of worse fates than that. Especially considering the first half week was ATLS (which was pretty cool) and I have 4 days off the second week because of a sweet post-call schedule and some interviews. While I will admit that I could use the Gyne practice (most male physicians could) I just can't say with a straight face that I wouldn't rather have some time off.

In other news, went to my first Roller Derby match. That was fun. Got to see a few good hits, and really, how can I complain about a game in which one scores on a JAAAAAAAM!?

And, tomorrow (er... today?) we are going to go see Here Come The Mummies in Bloomington. That should be a fun show. And after that its off to Champbana to get some Z's at the hotel this practice is putting me up in. Hopefully Thurs goes well, I have never had a bad interview, its tough to do that when you have a job with great demand. And then a mini-repeat on Friday. Then back to call. Basically, I'm busy. But not to busy to have some fun.

An update as well to my continuity OB schedule. For those of you who don't know, all FM residents have to take care of a pregnant patient during the prenatal period for at least two visits, deliver her, and then take care of her afterwards to get a "continuity" OB credit. And we need 10 credits to graduate. This is notoriously one of the tougher requirements to fill. Especially if you're a dude doc. Especially if you're a dude doc who has no intention of doing OB like me. Anyway, I got my first continuity delivery last night. Everything went great. She pushed for a while, but she made great progress and before long a very cute little lady was born. Another patient on my list. Congrats to the mother and father who will remained unnamed. Fun to have that one under my belt.

So its 1235, and I think my insomnia might be curing itself at any moment. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment