Thursday, October 14, 2010

2nd Year!

Well, it has been a really... really long time since I have posted. Its really pretty terrible. Almost a year! Jeebus. Oh well. So I am a second year resident now. Let my blogging schedule be a testament not only to my ADHD but also to the business of 1st year. Only now do I find myself with enough time to think about doing this again.

Its not that I never have free time. I do, its just that this ranks lower on the list. Not really a huge deal.

Anyway, I am going to treat this kind of like a "christmas" letter sort of thing. Some brief updates on whats going on with me, where I am at, and where we are going. There is a lot, and its crammed in pretty tight since it has been so long since my last update. And we are going to have bullet points... because they rule.

  1. Finished first year! The light at the end of the tunnel is just that much brighter. Totally jaaaam.
  2. Became a "Here Come The Mummies" fan. If you don't know them check them out. Image below:

  3. Had a Few Parties: Check out Mandi's Musings for more details there. Can anyone say "Snowball Fight in Summer"?! Oh, and more parties to come.
  4. I'm now an Uncle. Congrats to my sister, looking forward to meeting my niece soon.
  5. Now on a quest to be the favorite Uncle: And no, I have no qualms about using money to achieve this.
  6. Looking for Jobs: Have a few good leads on some positions after residency. As soon as I know and I think to update the blog there will be more on this to come. No spoilers yet.
  7. New Interns: Now that I am a second year I get to work with the new class, they are quality people all around, and it has been a good time. Those poor suckers...

Well thats it in terms of updates. All and all life has gotten just a tad easier. Its pretty nuts to think of myself as over the hump of residency. I have 2/5 of my inpatient rotations done and my schedule is front loaded... by the end of March I am cached out with inpatient rotations and rounding weekends for the year. After that its the 3rd year glide. I'm pumped.

Its not all fun and games though. I have some big tests I have to plan for. And once again we have a possible move on the horizon. Even though it would be 1.75 years away, its crazy to have to start thinking about that again. And Mandi and I's relationship is maturing. Almost three years together! Time has flown by. And while that is definitely a GOOD thing, as with any marriage, partnership, friendship we are growing, and while growth is always good, it requires adjustment. Mostly by me, lets face it that lady is GREAT!

That should sum it up. Christmas is coming faster than I can believe. Santa (JonG) already has my list.

Keep looking up.


Tiger Striped Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment