Monday, March 27, 2017

2017 Rolls Along


2017 continues at a breathtaking pace.  I have probably said this before, and I am sure I will say it again - but WOW time goes fast.  I look at both of my children and wonder where the last four years have gone.  Forrest is already closer to 5 than he is to 4.  Where does it go?  And to top it all off Mandi and I are expecting our third kiddo in September.  HOLY COW!

We've been having a ton of fun. For those of you who follow Chinchy's blog already know the when and where of our adventures, but here are a few from my perspective :)



My uncle Buck had a retirement party in February.  He is finished with the Police Force, and the family came together to celebrate.  I got to see some of my favorite people who I don't see enough of these days.  Including my aunt Aimee... Amos Maximus! (pictured above).  What a joy.  


Speaking of joy - here I am with my Grandfather and Aunt Boots.  Aunt Boots is an absolutely wonderful woman who I wish I saw more.  Life seems to always get in the way.  I was heartbroken that I left Chinch and the kiddos behind.  Boots would have loved to have seen the Kid Wonder.  Still glad to give her a hug and remind her that we think of her often.


Mandi and I managed to get a night out at Publik House in Peoria Heights.  It is one of our favorite spots - parmesean Truffle Fries for the win!  Look at that gorgeous lady.  I still wonder how I got so lucky.



We had some great weather in February.  March, not so much.  But we loved it while it was here.  The Kid Wonder and I have been out on some adventures, the photo above is our trip to the outdoor mall to check out some of the play areas.

Kid Wonder and LL Bean were enjoying the water table on the nicest day.  Fun that they can both enjoy an activity together and get some sun at the same time.  I love the look of wonder and curiosity on Bean's face.


Here we are in our Mini-Van for the first family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells.  This was courtesy of Poppi and Gigi who paid our way as a Christmas present.  It was a tough car ride, even in our van, but we had a ton of fun at the Great Wolf Lodge.  Lots to do for Kids, and Spotted Cow on tap.  Hard to complain ;)


Everyone got in on the fun.  The Kid Wonder loved the giant bucket. Bean wasn't too sure about that.


AND soft pretzels?  Are we in heaven?


The cousins had some play time as well.  To the right is Mandi's sister and her son.  Everyone loving those pools.  The Kid Wonder was a pro with his life jacket.  I give credit to plenty of time in the lake every summer.



This was another one of our father-son adventures.  This time we stopped off at a local hotel that displays many national flags.  The Boy is really into geography right now.  He knows all 50 states and capitals, as well as most countries and capitals.  It was a thrill for him to get to see all of the flags hanging up.  Capped off our adventure with a couple of milkshakes.  A big hit for sure.


Grandma and Grandpa came to visit!  LL Bean was a big fan of Grandma's sparkles and the new book.  Grandma is always so thoughtful - she always brings a book.  She knows how important it is to us that our children value and enjoy reading.  Thank you Grandma Rosemary, we love you so much!


This last one is from this past weekend.  I had the pleasure of taking the Kid Wonder to a birthday party of one of his classmates.  He had a blast.  Monkey Joe's was insanely busy, and pure chaos.  But the kids seemed to have a great time.  I was glad to get to be there.

More to come soon.   In the upcoming month we will be opening the cabin, and continuing our prep for #3!









No comments:

Post a Comment