Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter is here.

Our first real snow of the year was yesterday, and it is still blowing around today. In all honesty it was somewhat refreshing. Please, don't be mistaken. Snow sucks. And seeing all of this white stuff was enough to make me seriously consider south Texas. But the change of seasons can be nice. And in an effort not to break the 11th commandment I am trying to look on the bright side. This cold will only make the summer seem that much nicer. So there is that.

I have finished up Dermatology today. It was a great month long rotation. Gave me some serious procedure time. Resections, freezes, etc. I am much more comfortable with these things than I had been before the rotation. And since this is bread and butter kind of stuff, I am pumped to have that learning behind me as I move forward towards Monticello. Now on to Urology. I will be working with one of the local Uro's here in Peoria. I am pumped about the possibility of learning how to perform vasectomies. That skill would be something I could carry forward to provide a local service to my patient's in Monticello, as well as make some extra money. And they don't take that long at all! I am pretty sure I would have to attend a certification conference to actually get cleared for it, but learning the procedure is the first step. Should be a good time. Two weeks of Uro and then off to another 2 weeks of Ortho. Those two weeks will hopefully help me shore up my injection procedures. All very exciting!

More fun to come, and only one more FMS block to go.

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment